Saturday 22 July 2017

Seven Best Business Voicemail Greetings

It’s essential that your business has a voicemail system. You want a way to reach customers who contact you after your business hours — every lead is a potential sell. And that’s what you do, right? Sell products and/or services to make yourself some sweet moolah. So it’s important that your business has the perfect voicemail greeting to entice potential customers into leaving a message.

Before we get into business voicemail greetings, here are some interesting facts about voicemail messages to think about.
  • 75% of all business calls are not completed on the first attempt.

  • 60% of all incoming calls are less important than the work they interrupt.

  • 90% of all written messages contain incomplete information.

  • 76% of all business communication is not time sensitive.

We will help you to create the best voice greeting for your business!


First, read this article, and then you’ll find a step-by-step instruction how to record your own professional greeting.

7 Best Business Voicemail Greetings

How to Make Great Business Voicemail Greetings


  1. Do not begin with the “Your call is very important to us…”
    This phrase is overused and can be “turn off” to callers.

  2. Let the customer know whose voicemail they have reached.
    What business, department, or person are they leaving a message for?

  3. Apologize that you cannot take their call right now.

  4. Invite your customer to leave a message.

  5. Let your customer know when they can expect a return call.
    Follow through with a call back!

  6. List any additional options that are available to your customer.
    Does website provide meaningful information? What is the web address? Are there additional numbers for them to call in case of an emergency?

  7. Avoid giving out too much information.
    Keep it simple!

  8. Keep your voice message short and sweet.
    An optimal recording is about 25 seconds.

Top 7 business voicemail greetings


  1. Hi, you’ve reached [you name] of [your business]. I’m sorry that I’m not available to answer your call at the present time. Please leave your name, number and a quick message at the tone and I’ll forward your message to the appropriate person.

  2. Hi this is [you name], I’m either away from my desk or on the phone, please leave your name and number along with a short message and I’ll be sure to get back to you.

  3. Hello, you have reached the office of [your name]; I will be out of my office starting on [date] and will be returning on [date]. You can call me when I return or leave a brief message. If this is an emergency I can be reached on my cell, which is [your number].

  4. Hi, this is [your name] of [your business]. I’m currently unable to take your call. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message, and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.

  5. You have reached [your business]. All of our sales representatives are busy serving other customers but we would like to return your call as soon as possible. For current pricing information or to check the status of your order, please visit us on the web at [your website]. Otherwise, please leave us a message with your name and number after the tone. If you would like to return to the previous menu, press the [key to main menu].

  6. You have reached [your business]. We are currently closed. Our normal hours of operations are from [hours] [days]. We are closed on [days]. Please leave us a message with your name and number and we will return your call when the office reopens. You may hang up after leaving your message or press the [key] for additional options. Thank you for calling.

  7. You have reached [your business]. All of our representatives are currently busy helping other callers. Rather than wasting your valuable time on hold, we would like to return your call within two business hours. Please leave us a detailed message with your name and number and we will return your call. Thank you for calling and have a great day.

Spend 10 Minutes and Have an Outstanding Business Voicemail Greeting


As we promised here is a step-by-step instruction how to record your own professional greeting:
  1. Register with MightyCall

  2. Get 8 More Great Business Voicemail Greetings on your e-mail

  3. Choose the best one for you

  4. Record it online in MightyCall console and

  5. Enjoy your great business voicemail greeting!


Like this, your business greeting voicemail is worth listening to!

We also have something special for you:

17 Clever, Creative and Funny Personal Voicemail Greetings


  • Hello. I’m available right now but cannot find the phone. Please leave a message and I will call you up as soon as I find it.

  • Hi, this is [your name]. If you’re part of the problem, hang up now. If you’re part of the solution, leave a message.

  • Please leave a message. However, you have the right to remain silent. Everything you say will be recorded and will be used by me.

  • Hi. I’m probably home. I’m just avoiding someone I don’t like. Leave me a message, and if I don’t call back, it’s you.

  • Hello, you have reached the number you have dialed. Please leave a message after the beep.

  • Hi, this is [your name]. I’m sorry, I can’t answer the phone right now. Leave a message, and then wait by your phone until I call you back.

  • Hello, this is [your name]. I’m not home right now, but I can take a message. Hang on a second while I get a pencil. (Open a drawer and shuffle stuff around.) Okay, what would you like me to tell me?

  • This is you-know who. We are you-know-where. Leave your you-know-what you-know-when.

  • Please leave your name and a brief message at the tone.” It’s just a nicer way of saying, “Who are you what do you want with me?”

  • Hello. I’m not here right now, so leave a message! Make it short, make it sweet, or I’ll have to press delete.

  • [Your name’s] voicemail is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I’ll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.

  • You know what I hate about voicemail messages? They go on and on, wasting your time. I mean, all they really need to say is, “We aren’t in, leave a message.” That’s why I’ve decided to keep mine simple and short. I pledge to you, my caller, that you will never have to suffer through another long answering machine message when you call me.

  • I can’t come to the phone now because I have amnesia and I feel stupid talking to people I don’t remember. I’d appreciate it if you could help me out by leaving my name and telling me something about myself. Thanks!

  • Hi, I’m sorry I couldn’t come to the phone but if you hop 3 times, spin around, touch your nose and say your name, then leave me a message after the beep, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

  • Voicemail. Speak.

  • Hi. Now you say something.

  • You know the drill.


Your phone system greeting is the first thing callers hear.

Help your business sounds professional

business voicemail script sample, general business voicemail script, retail business voicemail script
Source: http://docphy.com/technology/computers/software/seven-best-business-voicemail-greetings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment